The Imagine Film Festival calls on Dutch video game developers to submit their game for Imagine 2020.
For over 30 years, the Imagine Film Festival has been the festival for Fantastic Film in The Netherlands. Besides the cream of the crop of fantastic cinema, there is also an extensive programme of masterclasses, panel discussions, talks and exhibitions. At the 2019 edition of the festival, Imagine hosted a showcase for various Dutch game developers for the first time as well. Due to its success, Imagine 2020 will again be showing various video games within the fantastic genre.
For the 36th edition of the festival, Imagine Film Festival is calling on Dutch game developers who create games within the fantastic genre to submit their games.
Imagine offers Dutch game developers a unique opportunity to show their game to a larger audience.
The selected game developers will present their games at special screenings during the festival. They will screen a short demo video (3-6 minutes) with material from their game, showing how they incorporated the fantastic genre. Makers who are present will be invited for a short interview. After the screening, the audience will get the opportunity to play the actual game or a demo version.
– Production year 2019 or 2020
– The game has to fit within the fantastic genre
– The game is created by developers based in The Netherlands or Flanders
– The language of the game has to be English or Dutch (spoken or subtitled)
– Games that have not yet been completed may be submitted, provided there’s a playable demo by March 1st, 2020
– Deadline for entries: January 1st, 2020
– A playable demo must be available by March 1st, 2020
How to enter
You can enter your game by filling in the entry form you find at the link below. For any questions about submitting your game to the Imagine Film Festival, please get in touch with Bas Postmus.